Using a steam mop for laminate floors is perfect if you’re up for a deep cleaning session without having to use a lot of chemicals. Steam mops can help sanitize your floors and kill all bad bacteria that has accumulated. But before you start your online shopping for a steam mop, you have to keep in mind that you will be using it on a laminate floor.
Since we’re dealing with laminate floors, you have to take extra considerations and care if you’re going to use a steam mop. This is because laminate floors are manufactured from compressed wood and the steam coming from your mop might cause excess moisture and make your floors bulge and swell.
So, how can you make sure that the steam mop you are purchasing is perfect for your laminate floors? Check out our top picks for the best steam mops for laminate floors.
Top Steam Mops for Laminate Floors
Steam Mop for Laminate Floors
|BISSELL CrossWave Floor and Area Rug Cleaner||
|PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner 10-in-1 with Convenient Detachable Handheld Unit||
|Steam and Go Steam Mop Floor Steamer||
|Shark S5003D Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Pocket Steam Mop||
|Steam Mop,LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Floor Steamer||
Getting the Best Steam Mops for Laminate Floors
BISSELL CrossWave Floor and Area Rug Cleaner
Using a steam mop to clean your laminate floors is always so much better than using a regular rug. The BISSELL CrossWave Floor and Area Rug Cleaner is one of the best multi-purpose cleaners that you could ever have at your home.
You can vacuum and wash all at the same time so it takes less effort to use. It is also proven safe and effective for other floors like linoleum, rubber floor, floor mats, pressed wood, rugs, and more.
The best part about this steam mop is that it comes in two tanks to separate the dirty and clean water. With just one button to push, you can go from mopping to vacuuming in no time – no other cleaning equipment is needed!
- Multi-surface cleaning
- Comes with an extra brush and filter
- Two-tank technology
- With innovative microfiber and nylon brush
PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner 10-in-1 with Convenient Detachable Handheld Unit
Make your entire house squeaky clean with the use of the PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner with a Convenient Detachable Handheld Unit. I love the fact that this steam mop is very lightweight and it also has 3 adjustable models that you can convert to depending on what areas of the house you are going to clean.
The water tank can allow you to clean for 20 to 25 minutes using the lowest setting, which is a pretty short time especially if you have a large floor area. But the good thing about this steam mop cleaner is that you don’t need to use distilled water for the tank because tap water is enough for cleaning off the dirt.
In addition to that, you can use this cleaner as a handheld steam cleaner and you can even attach a flexible hose to clean carpets, door rugs, and almost anything that needs to be cleaned.
- Child and pet safe
- Cleans without using any chemicals
- 340 mL capacity
- Suitable for cleaning wood floors, tiles, vinyl, marble, ceramic, stainless steel, and glass
Steam and Go Steam Mop Floor Steamer
The king of convenience is here, and it is the Steam and Go Steam Mop Floor Steamer. You would love it if this steamer is detachable so you can easily clean through crevices. Aside from cleaning your laminated floors, you can also use this steam mop to clean your curtains, drapes, and more!
This steam mop cleaner comes in a variety of attachments to help you get through your cleaning jobs easily. You would also benefit from the variable steam control, which is very important, especially when cleaning your laminate floors.
- Can also steam garments and curtains
- Can break down grime and grease
- Comes with a 17-foot long cord
- Has a detachable base
- 360º steam tools
Shark S5003D Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Pocket Steam Mop
Be smarter when you clean so you don’t have to put too much effort on your chores when you use the Shark S5003D Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Pocket Steam Mop. They say that this is one of the smartest steam mops that you could ever use and it is now for you to prove it!
This steam mop uses a powerful steam blaster that bursts our targeted steams to remove tough stains on your floors. In addition to that, it can also make you effortlessly remove any debris from your tile grout and all corners of your home.
As for the pads, you would notice that the dirt grip pads come in dual sides. Plus, it gives you a super-absorbent feature to allow fast drying times whenever you steam clean your floors.
Choosing to steam clean your laminate floors allows you to remove up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria – which can be beneficial to your babies and pets.
- Water reservoir capacity is 220 mL
- Comes with 3 settings intelligent steam control
- Washable pads
- With steam blast technology
- Touch-free technology
Steam Mop, LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Floor Steamer
When it comes to using steam mops on wide floor areas, you have to make sure that the steam mop you are using is lightweight. The Steam Mop, LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Floor Steamer is only weighing 3.5 pounds making every glide on your floors easier than ever.
It also prides itself on the powerful 1150W motor that allows it to create natural steam within 20 seconds. I also love the wide mopping face which makes the job faster and more efficient, especially on wide floor areas.
If you are planning to deep clean your home, this steam mop can help you reach hard to clean and tight crevices. The triple-layered microfiber pads help remove dirt and grime without getting super messy when you use traditional buckets.
- With quick-release cord
- Comes with a 20-feet long power cord
- Suitable for hardwood, laminate, tiles, vinyl, and carpet
- Can be bought with an optional carpet slider
How to Choose a Steam Mop for Laminate Floors
There are some things that you have to consider before purchasing the right steam mop for your laminate flooring. Take a look at these factors to see which steam mop is perfect for you:
- Attachments and parts: If you have a lot of time in deep cleaning and steam cleaning every corner of your home, it is much better to choose a steam mop with more attachments. More parts and attachments can help lessen your expenses in buying other cleaning tools.
- Heat Settings: It is highly recommended to choose a steam mop that comes with adjustable heat settings. This is because high heat can damage your laminated flooring seal. If you’re going to use your steam mop regularly, you can use the lowest heat settings and turn the heat higher for stubborn stains.
- Tank Capacity: For houses with large floor areas, you can choose a steam mop with higher tank capacity. It can be difficult to refill your tank every time your water runs out especially if you’re cleaning a wide area.
- Pad Material: Choose a mop that comes with a microfiber pad material because it is very gentle on floors – especially with laminate floors.