Since you became pregnant, have you noticed any changes in the appearance of your skin? Maybe you’ve noticed that your once-dry skin is now always greasy, or that only the gentlest cleansers can handle your sudden skin sensitivity.
Finding cosmetic products that are safe for use throughout pregnancy can be very challenging and overwhelming.
To help you confront the unique obstacles you and your skin may encounter during pregnancy, we’ve compiled a list of the Rodan & Fields pregnancy-safe skincare products. Please scroll down to check all the options that we have outlined for you!
What you need to know
What skincare ingredients should pregnant women avoid?
ACCUTANE AND TAZORAC
- Only prescription drugs include these vitamin A derivatives. Both are harmful during pregnancy and cause birth abnormalities, according to the FDA. It’s unlikely you’ll encounter these ingredients while pregnant, but it’s wise to be prepared.
- Spray self-tanners contain dihydroxyacetone. Sun tanning is safer than the chemical’s reaction with dead skin. It’s harmful to you and your baby if inhaled during application.
SALICYLIC AND BENZOYL PEROXIDE
- Although getting acne while pregnant is very frequent, you need to be careful when selecting your acne creams. Avoid benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid during pregnancy. Acne creams often include these acids. Look for pregnancy-safe acne treatments that employ only one of these components.
RETIN-A, RETINOL, RETINYL PALMITATE
- Vitamin A derivatives and others can cause serious birth abnormalities. While vitamin A is essential for your baby’s development, these derivatives can harm him.
- Essential oils are considered natural beauty products. However, the FDA does not evaluate them or require strict labeling. It’s impossible to say whether you should consume essential oils while pregnant because they come in different kinds and concentrations, but a few have been connected to serious health issues. Before using essential oils during pregnancy, consult your doctor and limit exposure to a safe level.
- Aluminum chloride, found in deodorants and antiperspirants, has been the subject of several disputed research. Avoid high-concentration products, although lower concentrations are safe.
- Avoid using this skin lightener to treat melasma, often known as the “mask of pregnancy,” during pregnancy. Because it absorbs more quickly than other topical compounds, hydroquinone is classified as category C by the FDA, making it more possible that higher concentrations will enter your system and have an impact on your unborn child.
- Formaldehyde, included in many nail paints and hair products, can cause reproductive issues and miscarriage. It’s not in the FDA’s categories, but doctors urge women to restrict exposure. Use “3-Free” or “5-Free” polishes. Ask your hair or nail stylist about formaldehyde-free products.
- Oxybenzone and avobenzone in sunscreens may affect your baby’s nervous system development. Instead of artificial sunscreens, use natural or physical sun protection.
- Avoid doxycycline, doxycycline, and minocycline, popular antibiotics used to treat skin disorders. These have been proven to harm pregnant mothers and their newborns.
List of Pregnancy Safe Rodan and Fields Products
Sun damage, black blotches, and discolouration can be caused by prolonged exposure to UV rays. By using this product, you will be able to combat and prevent the appearance of obvious dark markings, sunspots, and unattractive freckles, ultimately resulting in skin looking more youthful.
The Reverse Regimen is a long-term treatment for a radiant complexion that exfoliates, noticeably brightens, decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and guards against sun damage.
With the exception of Step 3R, which contains retinol, the Reverse Regimen is completely risk-free for women who are either pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Skin Type: Suitable for all skin types.
Sleep and other aspects of day-to-day living might be negatively impacted when the skin barrier is broken or inflamed. Using this product as part of your routine will help build the moisture barrier of your skin, resulting in skin that is healthier, calmer, and appears more supple.
Soothe Regimen can also be used to reduce the redness and irritation of a sensitive skin reaction. It has been shown in clinical trials to reduce irritation and redness in as little as 5 minutes.
This is because it protects the skin from the environmental and biological aggressors that can induce inflammation, helps strengthen the skin’s natural moisture barrier, minimizes visible redness, and soothes the skin.
- Skin Type: Suitable for all skin types.
The natural processes of our skin’s cell turnover become more gradual as we become older.
The Redefine Regimen is a customizable skincare regimen which layers cosmetic ingredients plus proven peptide technology in order to defend against and decrease the apparent signs of aging for skin that appears notably firmer, smoother, and more perfect.
By using the Redefine Regimen you can get the appearance of more young skin by defining face features, minimizing pores, and smoothing out creases and wrinkles.
- Skin Type: Suitable for all skin types
Redefine Moisturizing Lip Serum
Using Redefine Lip Renewing Serum, you can reclaim or retain the lips of your youth.
Each capsule, which is rich in peptides and antioxidants, helps the lips keep their natural moisturizing factors, smooths out the texture of the lips, and decreases the appearance of wrinkles on the lips.
Exfoliating both the face and the body in its entirety brings to the surface cells that are younger and more vital.
Rodan + Fields Enhancements Micro-Dermabrasion Paste is a scrub that may be used on both the face and the body. It is composed of sugar and salt and works by gently buffing away dry, flaky skin as well as dull skin cells.
A high-glide, oil-free formulation is used in Micro-Dermabrasion Paste to encourage the most delicate exfoliation possible. Alternate use of this product with others to speed up the turnover of skin cells and improve the complexion and texture of the skin.
Even after the first usage, your skin will look more radiant and feel smoother.
- Skin Type: Suitable for dry, oily or combination skin types. Not recommended for sensitive skin.
REDEFINE Multi-Function Eye Cream
The skin around the eyes grows thinner and more sensitive as a natural consequence of aging.
By using this, you will notice a lift, a definition, and a return to the natural, young contours of your face.
The REDEFINE Multi-Function Eye Cream has a combination of potent peptides that help decrease the look of crow’s feet, helps minimize the appearance of puffiness, and helps reduce the appearance of dark under eye circles, while special optical diffusers visibly brighten the region around the eyes.
This formulation is perfect for the maintenance of the sensitive skin found around the eyes.
- Skin Type: Suitable for all skin types. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
Active Hydration Body Replenish
An intensively moisturizing body cream that leaves the skin feeling significantly suppler, smoother, and more nourished than before use.
By preventing further loss of moisture, the skin is kept looking and feeling younger, and this innovative body moisturizer is a big part of that.
By using this product you can feel that it immediately and consistently hydrates, shields against moisture loss, and leaves skin feeling visibly supple and more nourished than before.
Active Hydration Serum
With the help of this top-selling serum, dry skin is transformed into hydrated skin that looks and feels younger for at least eight hours.
It restores a healthy amount of moisture to the skin and prepares it to more effectively absorb products that are applied later. It also immediately increases 200% of the skin’s hydration levels in addition to the skin’s surface being sealed against the loss of moisture
To get even greater effects, you can add it to any Regimen.
Unblemish Clarifying Mask
Use this blemish-free clarifying face mask on a regular basis to keep future breakouts at bay, purify your skin, and bring out cleaner, more radiant skin on your face over time.
In addition to elements that relax the skin, it contains sulfur, which works to unclog pores, eliminate germs that cause acne, and remove pollutants from the skin’s surface.
Also, it immediately lessens the appearance of visible redness associated with breakouts, while also cutting down on oil production, decongesting pores, and eliminating impurities.
Instant Makeup Remover Wipes
When you go to bed wearing any makeup or other items, you run the risk of accumulating dirt and grease. You can make the most out of your routine, even when you’re on the go, thanks to these ultra-soft cloths that won’t irritate your skin and are irritant-free.
A pack of two of our ultra-soft towels that dissolve makeup in a gentle yet effective manner. These cloths are especially helpful for removing long-lasting lipstick and foundation. Using just a few swipes, this potent makeup remover will effectively get rid of makeup and get your skin ready for your R+F Regimen.
- Skin Type: Suitable for all skin types, even most sensitive.
Pregnancy Safe Rodan and Fields Products
Your skin may experience certain challenges during pregnancy. Some individuals even suffered black patches, dry skin, red spots, and breakouts due to hormonal changes. Even some goods that are pure and organic may have hazardous substances that could put your baby at risk.
Before using any new skin care products, it’s best to check with your OB/GYN to see if they’re safe. To prevent hurting your baby, be sure to read the ingredients before using any Rodan + Fields skin care products in your routine.
We sincerely hoped that this article would help you in finding Rodan & Fields products that are safe to use during pregnancy!