Changing pad covers are little sheets which you put on top of beds, diaper changing pads or to any surfaces whenever you change your baby’s nappies. These changing pad covers come in different bedding materials to cater any seasons and preferences.
Most parents and guardians favor materials such as cotton and organic cotton whenever buying changing pad covers or sheets. This is because they compliment the needs of the delicate skin of babies as well as the ease these kinds of pad materials have for cleaning and washing purposes along with Vinyl.
Also, the cotton and organic cotton is suitable for use all throughout the year or for all seasons. Other materials that are used in other seasons are Muslin for Spring and Summer, Fleece or Plush polyester for cold and chilly weather. Other than the comfort these pad covers can give, they also come in many designs which you may choose from so as to match the theme of your babies’ nursery room or changing areas.
- Are changing pad covers necessary?
- How many changing pad covers do you need?
- How many times should you change pad covers?
- Best Changing Pad Covers 2022
- Changing Pad Covers Babies Need 2022
What you need to know
Are changing pad covers necessary?
Definitely! Since these pads are also used to catch any dirt from changing the babies’ nappies and surely enough, there will be times when changing nappies can get really messy, therefore it is highly appropriate to change these covers to ensure cleanliness.
In addition, these sheets have direct contact to our babies’ skin making it an extra step for safety to change them every now and then to ensure that bacteria and dirt won’t come in contact to our babies’ skin.
How many changing pad covers do you need?
You will need A LOT of it! Changing nappies can be too messy thus a number of changing pad covers which you can just pull out within reach would be of great help. Most especially during the night. Most parents put on three to five pad covers on the changing pad so they can easily shift to the next layer once the first one gets dirty.
Some parents also put on pad liners as extra protection, you should always anticipate that there will be a lot of mess and leaks whether it comes from the baby poo or pee. You will be needing all those extra layers of pads and sheets for convenience while still ensuring the cleanliness of the changing area or pad for your baby’s safety.
PRO Tip No. 1: Buy at least two high quality changing pad covers and then opt for more affordable ones to complete your set.
PRO Tip No. 2: Check out below what layering recommendation do most parents prefer doing
Layer 1: Changing pad
Layer 2: Changing pad cover
Layer 3: Changing pad liners
How many times should you change pad covers?
If you are at the obsessive-compulsive level in terms of cleanliness, you might find yourself changing the pad covers every after you change your baby’s nappies but for most parents and guardians who practice minimalism and practicality, they opt to change the pad covers at least twice per day.
In most cases, this usually depends on how you define cleanliness, if you are bothered with small amount of dirt and stains already then ease your mind by changing the covers right away as long as you have the resources to clean and have them dry immediately but if you are fine with it and focuses more on the kind of dirt it got before deciding whether to throw it on laundry hamper then most often than not, changing a few times per day will be your go-to move.
Best Changing Pad Covers 2022
Circo Wipeable Covers: Best Waterproof Covers
Features: Can be easily wiped off, fits contoured changing pads very wel & with soft, stretchy fabric
Description: Made of Cotton, Pink in color, with dimensions 9.5 x 7.4 x 2.2 and weighing 0.45 pounds
Ely’s & Co. Covers: Best Set
Features: Very affordable, easy to clean, has a universal fitting
Description: Made of Cotton, Gray in color
About this item:
- Lightweight Fabric: 100% High Quality Jersey Knit Cotton Changing Pad Cover | Cradle Sheet Set
- Easy care: Machine Washable, Dryer Safe
- Unisex: Classy Grey color for baby boy or baby girl
- Dependable Safety: Superior reinforcement for snug mattress and change pad cover fit
- Convenient Sizes: Fits Changing Pads and Cradle Mattress 36″ X 18″ as well as Graco Travel Lite Crib Mattresses Changing Pad Cover Dimensions: 32 x 16 x 5 inches
Burt’s Bees Covers: Best Organic Covers
Features: Comes in a variety of designs and prints, very comfortable and keeps the baby warm, made from one hundred percent (100%) organic cotton
Description: Made of Cotton, Cloudwhite in color, with a knit terry type of fabric
About this item:
- BEESNUG 360º, premium elastic with extra stretch provides a safer, snugger fit
- 100% organic, GOTS certified, breathable cotton – the purest layer for baby’s thin and porous skin
- Machine washable and dryable products get softer with every wash
- Dimensions: 16″ x 32″ – For Standard Baby Changing Pads
Copper Pearl Cotton: Best Cotton Covers
Features: Has a money back guarantee offer, comes with a number of trendy prints, can be washed using a washing machine
Description: Made of Cotton, bloom in color, with a knit terry type of fabric and with dimensions 34 x 16 x 6 inches
About this item:
- PREMIUM KNIT FABRIC – Our changing pad cover is made from premium knit fabric, which feels incredibly soft to the touch and holds up well over many uses. Wash before use to ensure the best fit and softness for baby.
- HIGH QUALITY AND TRENDY DESIGNS – At Copper Pearl we pride ourselves on making high quality products that always look great on babies, moms, or in your nursery. Our changing pad cover designs are simple, modern, and complement any baby’s room. Our knit fabric also matches our other products for perfect nursery coordination!
- UNIVERSAL FIT FOR ALL STANDARD DIAPER CHANGING PADS – Our cover has been perfectly designed to fit all standard diaper changing pad covers. High quality elastic stitching around the entire cover ensures a tight fit that looks clean and modern.
- PERFECT SHOWER GIFT OR BABY REGISTRY PRESENT – Moms love Copper Pearl products, and our diaper changing pad covers are no different. Diaper changing pad covers are the gift every mom can use and will love for baby showers, birthdays, or Christmas presents. Sure to be well accepted by new and seasoned moms/parents alike, our changing pad covers come in premium giftable packaging.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – At Copper Pearl, we design trendy and fashionable clothing and other accessories for babies that are of the highest quality. These baby diaper changing pad covers are durable and long-lasting wash after wash. That’s why our product is backed with a 100% Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied in any way with this product, we will refund your money with no questions asked. So give it a shot and add it to your cart today!
Summer infant Ultra Plush: Best Non-skid covers
Features: Great value for a very reasonable price, versatile and can fit most pads, supports the delicate and sensitive baby skin
Description: Made of Polyester, Sage in color
About this item:
- Machine Washable, very easy to clean
- Can fit up until 16 x 32 inch changing pad
- Provides high tier comfort to babies
Vixtronic Minky Dot: Best Ultra-Soft Covers
Features: Compliments the needs of the babies’ sensitive skin with its warm, plush material, elastic enough to stay in its place
Description: Made of Cotton, Navy blue in color
About this item:
- 【Ultra-soft & Comfortable】The changing pad covers are made of high-quality organic cotton – Jersey Knit, super soft and comfortable for the baby’s delicate skin, offering your baby a cozy and warm environment. The breathable polyester material keeps rashes, irritation and discomfort away.
- 【Fit most changing pads】The changing table cover is stretchy to fit up to 32″ x 16″ x 5” baby changing pads(contoured changing pad), cradle mattress, flat changing pads, bassinet mattress.
- 【Easy to install】Thanks to the elastic band and stretchable material, the changing table sheets can be applied within seconds and smooth fit the changing pad, help to keep the diaper changing pad cover in place.
- 【Easily clean & Durable】The changing mattress cover is wipeable and available for machine washing and hand washing. The fabric is designed for long time use and won’t fade after multiple use and washing.
- 【100% satisfaction guaranteed】
Changing Pad Covers Babies Need 2022
Parents and guardians are always the happiest seeing their babies comfortable and seeing the place less messy, thus, choosing the most reliable pad covers for you and those that are built to adapt in all seasons will be your best friend. At the end of the day, Mums know best!