Looking for the right shampoo to treat your baby’s dry scalp? You’ve come to the right page! Check out our list of the Best Baby Shampoos for Dry Scalp and take care of your baby’s hair fully!
Are you noticing some flakey and dandruff-looking white specks on your baby’s scalp? Then you are right to assume that your baby has a dry scalp. First of all, dry scalp in babies is normal and very easy to treat. But in most cases, the underlying cause of dry scalp is cradle cap.
Cradle cap is basically like dandruff in babies. It is a buildup of sticky skin oils, scales, and sloughed skin cells that cause thick and flaky skin on a baby’s scalp. This is usually harmless and it lasts up to a year, but just by looking at it, we know that it can cause some discomfort to our little bundles of joy.
Check out these effective and amazing baby shampoos that heal dry scalp, and have a stress-free bath time with your baby!
- Top Baby Shampoo for Dry Scalp
- CeraVe Baby Wash & Shampoo
- California Baby Calming Shampoo and Body Wash
- BELLA B NATURALS Bee Gone Cradle Cap Baby Shampoo
- Baby Mee Bee Gentle Baby Wash Shampoo
- Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo with Organic Calendula
- Aquaphor Baby Wash and Shampoo
- Babo Botanicals Sensitive Baby 2-in-1 Shampoo & Wash
- Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Gentle Bath Wash & Shampoo
- Pipette Baby Shampoo + Body Wash
- Eucerin Baby Wash & Shampoo
- Choosing the Best Baby Shampoos for Dry Scalp
- What causes dry scalp in babies?
- How to Treat your Babies Dry Scalp
- How to avoid dry scalp in babies?
- Best Baby Shampoos for Dry Scalp: FAQs
Top Baby Shampoo for Dry Scalp
CeraVe Baby Wash & Shampoo
Nourish your baby’s scalp, hair, and body as he enjoys a nice warm bath using the CeraVe Baby Wash & Shampoo. This shampoo and baby wash is gentle enough to clean your baby’s scalp and hair, leaving the much-needed moisture behind.
Crafted with 3 essential vitamins and ceramides, the CeraVe Baby Wash & Shampoo calms your baby’s scalp and skin instantly. It lathers pretty well too, the airy bubbles help every bath time become fun and more enjoyable!
- Net Weight: 8 fl. oz.
- No Parabens
- No Sulfates
Take a look at this best baby shampoos for dry scalp by CeraVe below.
California Baby Calming Shampoo and Body Wash
One effective way to loosen up cradle cap is to give extra moisture on your baby’s scalp. Moisture will help lighten and remove the flakes on their own, and I highly recommend that you try the California Baby Calming Shampoo and Body Wash.
Since this product is developed by a mom, you would have everything that you need for your baby’s scalp and body is on this bottle. It contains essential oils to promote calmness before your baby snoozes off for the night.
- Net Weight: 19 fl. oz.
- Made from natural vegetable glucoside cleanser
- No sulfates
Take a look at this best baby shampoos for dry scalp by California Baby below
BELLA B NATURALS Bee Gone Cradle Cap Baby Shampoo
The best remedy for dry scalp and cradle cap is now here, mommies! You should have the BELLA B NATURALS Bee Gone Cradle Cap Baby Shampoo on your bathroom even before you give birth to your little one.
Cradle caps are very common to newborns, and this shampoo can immediately heal those nasty flakes using tea tree oil and other botanical ingredients. The tea tree oil used on this shampoo is a pharmaceutical-grade one, which makes it more effective in treating dry skin.
Dry scalp would surely be gone, and this shampoo also leaves a fresh and light scent on your baby’s gentle skin.
- Net Weight: 8 oz.
- With natural and organic ingredients with skin conditioners
Take a look at this best baby shampoos for dry scalp by Bella B below
Baby Mee Bee Gentle Baby Wash Shampoo
We have said that dry scalp in babies are normal, but as mommies, we know that we still want to provide the utmost comfort for our babies. The Baby Mee Gentle Baby Wash Shampoo can soothe even the driest scalp.
Since it is made from organic ingredients, you can always have the peace of mind that you are washing your baby’s hair and scalp without irritation. With 32 vitamins and minerals plus 75 nutrients and hundreds of other active enzymes, your baby’s dry scalp can be healed instantly.
If your little one is also prone to diaper wash, this baby wash and shampoo can also help soothe the itchy and sore bum.
- Net Weight: 8 oz.
- Made with organic and all-natural ingredients
- 100% fragrance-free
- No phthalates
- No parabens
Take a look at this best baby shampoos for dry scalp by Baby Mee below
Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo with Organic Calendula
The Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo with Organic Calendula is the first choice of most mommies, and we’ll just leave it on the 12,000+ ratings of this product. The organic calendula leaves a smooth and fragrant scent on your little one’s scalp and body.
It also lathers well, and it washes away all the impurities without stripping out the natural moisture of the skin. Based on my experience, my baby’s skin is super soft and smooth after bathing with this wash and shampoo and it has relieved my little one’s thick cradle cap in just weeks of using this baby wash and shampoo.
- Net Weight: 7.8 fl. oz.
- No tears formula
- No parabens
- No colorants
- No mineral oil
Take a look at this best baby shampoos for dry scalp by Cetaphil below
Aquaphor Baby Wash and Shampoo
When your baby has a dry scalp, he needs an ultra-mild shampoo like the Aquaphor Baby Wash and Shampoo. Jam-packed with nothing but gentle ingredients, this shampoo allows you to wash your baby’s scalp thoroughly without taking away the moisture.
The chamomile essence and Vitamin B5 relieves the itchiness and discomfort away caused by dry scalp. Your baby would feel immediate relief from his itchy cradle cap or other scalp conditions when you pair up the Aquaphor Baby Wash and Shampoo with his warm bath just before bedtime.
- Net Weight: 16.9 fl. oz.
- Tear-free formula
- Light lather formulation
Take a look at this best baby shampoos for dry scalp by Aquaphor below
Babo Botanicals Sensitive Baby 2-in-1 Shampoo & Wash
Care for your baby from scalp to toe with only the good ingredients from Mother Nature. The Babo Botanicals Sensitive Baby 2-in-1 Shampoo & Wash is 100% good for your baby! Why? Because it gently cleanses and hydrates your baby’s dry scalp and other body parts while keeping the smoothness all day long.
This shampoo and wash are enriched with natural oat proteins, shea, and cocoa butter, which all work together to regain the skin and scalp’s smoothness. Say goodbye to dry patches and hello to moist and softer scalp without cradle cap!
- Net Weight: 16 fl. oz.
- Safe for newborns
- Plant-bases, organic-enriched formula
- No harsh chemicals
Take a look at this best baby shampoos for dry scalp by Babo Botanicals below
Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Gentle Bath Wash & Shampoo
Oats are the go-to ingredients when it comes to treating baby’s dry scalp and skin. But you don’t need to take an extra effort and add oatmeal on your little one’s bath time routine! Leave it all up to the Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Gentle Bath Wash & Shampoo which is full of natural oat extracts.
This gentle and mild wash and shampoo can treat dry skin and also other skin conditions like eczema. You know how itchy these skin nasties can get! But this all-in-one wash and shampoo can work wonders for your baby.
The natural oat extracts were carefully obtained from oat kernels to retain its soothing and moisturizing properties. This product’s pH also matches your baby’s skin pH, making it extra safe for daily use.
- Net Weight: 18 fl. oz.
- No parabens
- No harsh chemicals
Take a look at this best baby shampoos for dry scalp by Aveeno Baby below
Pipette Baby Shampoo + Body Wash
That delicate scalp of your baby needs the best care just like how the Pipette Baby Shampoo + Body Wash wants to take care of your baby’s skin. This baby wash and shampoo can nurture your child’s scalp with the use of plant-derived glycerin, which is a natural hydrating ingredient that helps retain the moisture of your baby’s skin.
This shampoo and body wash is truly the moisturizing superhero when it comes to treating your baby’s dry scalp. Plus, this shampoo and wash is rigorously tested by dermatologists, pediatricians, and biologists to ensure that it is 100% safe even for your newborn baby.
- Net Weight: 12 fl. oz.
- Made from plant-derived ingredients
- No sulfates
Take a look at this best baby shampoos for dry scalp by Pipette below
Eucerin Baby Wash & Shampoo
Say goodbye to endless crying sessions because of your baby’s itchy and dry scalp with the help of Eucerin Baby Wash & Shampoo. Nourish every part of your cute one’s scalp with only the goodness of Pro-vitamin B5 and Natural Shea Butter.
These two main ingredients work together to penetrate deep into your baby’s skin and provide it with all the moisture it needs. Once you use it for your baby, you would notice that it gently cleanses without causing any dryness.
- Net Weight: 13.5 fl. oz.
- No fragrances
Take a look at this best baby shampoos for dry scalp by Eucerin below
Choosing the Best Baby Shampoos for Dry Scalp
When getting a baby shampoo to use for dry scalp, it’s essential to know some considerations to make sure that you are getting the right shampoo for your little ones. Here are some of the tips to help you out in choosing the best baby shampoos for dry scalp.
- Natural Ingredients. It’s important to know that you only use natural or organic ingredients to ensure your baby’s safety from harsh chemicals. Like most other baby shampoo, it is made from natural ingredients which are gentle to your little one’s scalp. Also, you should consider getting vitamin rich shampoos to hydrate, moisturize, and nourish your baby’s scalp.
- Fragrance free. Though having a nice scent can leave a refreshing feeling, you should also consider getting the ones with no synthetic scent or free from fragrance if possible. Some babies have very sensitive skin and using shampoos with a strong scent can cause allergic reactions.
- Hypoallergenic. Checking the label can save you from getting the wrong shampoo that can resolve your baby’s dry scalp. Always make sure that the shampoo is free from paraben, sulfates, phthalates, and other formaldehyde substances to keep your babies from getting allergic reactions.
- Tear-free. No-tears shampoos are specifically designed for babies and you must never forget to get a shampoo that offers this very important feature. Having a tear-free formula shampoo is a great help in keeping the shampoo from getting to your baby’s eyes.
What causes dry scalp in babies?
If you’re wondering why your baby is kind of experiencing some dry scalp, here are some of the reasons why.
- Weather. Sudden weather changes from cold to hot or vice versa often leads your babies to having dry scalp. Though we can’t directly avoid these kinds of situations, there are still some steps and tips that you can follow to treat your baby’s dry scalp.
- Hot Water Bath. The reason why you shouldn’t make your baby’s water too hot when they take baths is because it can cause dry scalp. Letting your babies soak into water for a longer period of time can let the natural moisture out of your baby’s body.
- Getting the wrong shampoo. The importance of always doing a label check is because not all baby shampoo is safe for your babies. Since babies tend to have sensitive skin, their tolerance to the shampoo they use also differs. If you ever get the wrong shampoo for your little ones, there’s a tendency that your babies can experience itching, flaking, rashes, and dryness.
- Not thorough rinse. Babies are quite naughty when it comes to bath time. This is why some parents tend to forget to rinse their babies’ hair thoroughly. Shampoo residues can be irritating that will leave flakes, itchiness, and dry scalp.
How to Treat your Babies Dry Scalp
If you’re looking for an alternative in curing your baby’s dry scalp, here are some of the ways to help you out:
- Using the right shampoo on your baby’s scalp regularly.
- You should wait for about two minutes before you can wash your baby’s scalp.
- Always use a soft brush to remove flakes gently.
How to avoid dry scalp in babies?
Here are some of the tips on how you can avoid letting your baby have a dry scalp:
- Always use lukewarm water when bathing your baby and avoid soaking them with too hot water for a long period of time.
- Limit your baby’s exposure with weather conditions that will lead to dry scalp. Make sure that you will be using appropriate clothing and weather protection to refrain your little ones from getting a dry scalp.
- Make sure that you are rinsing your baby’s hair fully and leaving with no shampoo residue on their hair.
Best Baby Shampoos for Dry Scalp: FAQs
Which shampoo is best for babies who have dry scalp?
We have tested various baby shampoo brands for dry scalp and found out that the best one to get is the Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo with Organic Calendula. Most mommies love this product as this leaves a smooth and refreshing fragrance on your baby’s scalp and body.
What makes this product worth it to buy aside from it’s most mommies would likely recommend is that it is free from harmful chemicals and offers a no tear formula for your baby’s eyes.
What can I put in my babies hair for dry scalp?
Aside from using the right shampoo for your baby’s hair, you can massage your baby’s hair by using petroleum jelly or baby oil to let their scalp be free from being dry. You can also gently rub these oils on your baby’s scalp by using a soft brush to remove the flakes.
Is there a difference between baby cradle cap and dry scalp?
Baby cradles tend to feel oily when touched while dry scalp feels dry as it is. These two differ as the baby cradle is known to be rough and pop out from your baby’s scalp. However, both of them are mostly flaky and can be found in your baby’s scalp.
Getting the Best Baby Shampoo for Dry Scalp
Your baby might react differently when we’re not keen enough on picking the best shampoo for them. It is important to always choose a hypoallergenic shampoo to prevent any worsening of the dry scalp. In treating cradle cap, the scalp must absorb all the moisture it can get from the shampoo to loosen up the flakes.
Keep in mind that there is nothing to worry about when you notice that your baby has a dry scalp. But, that does not mean that we have to neglect it by not choosing the best products. If you’re still unsure about which item to give your little one, have these ten shampoos as your reference.
- Best Natural Baby Lotions
- Best Walking Shoes for Babies Learning to Walk
- Best Organic Baby Food Products on Amazon
Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo with Organic Calendula
Check out out list of the best baby shampoos for dry scalp.
Product SKU: 8883743477774434444
Product Brand: Cetaphil
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 4.97
Price Valid Until: 2021
Product In-Stock: InStock